The Glazers have stepped into Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba’s transfer plans to Real Madrid.
Marca says United owners, the Glazer family, have informed agent Mino Raiola that Pogba is not for sale following reports that the French man is ready to force an exit by embarking on strike.
Pogba has been heavily linked with moves to former club Juventus and Spanish giants Real Madrid in recent weeks with the latter believed to be preparing a £130m offer the World Cup winner.
In what is seen as a pre-meditated move to force United’s hand, Pogba on Sunday publicly confirmed his desire to leave the club, saying “it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else”.
It is understood there have been concerns at Old Trafford about his behaviour and the influence he has on the younger players in the squad.
According to Sky Sports News, in April Real were confident of signing Pogba – and Eden Hazard – this summer. Hazard completed a £130m move from Chelsea to the Bernabeu last week.
Real, who have already spent over £250m on five arrivals this summer, have concerns about breaching UEFA’s Financial Fair Play rules, but if they really want him it is thought they will find a solution.
Meanwhile, Juventus’ sporting director Fabio Paratici travelled to United’s London offices last week to hold talks over bringing Pogba back to Turin, three years after he left for the Premier League club for a then world-record £93.25m fee.
Pogba is one of three midfielders on Juventus’ shortlist of midfield targets – along with Adrien Rabiot and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic – but the Italian champions will not match United’s valuation of the player.
In March, Pogba said it would be “a dream for anyone” to play for Real Madrid under Zinedine Zidane.
Later that month, Zidane said “if one day he wanted to leave United…why shouldn’t he come to Real Madrid?”
AFP