Tiger Woods to return to Golf next month

0
13 views

Tiger Woods  has confirmed his return to golf after withdrawing from Dubai Desert Classic in February for his fourth back surgery.

The American golfer said, “I am excited to return to competitive golf at the Hero World Challenge.”

He will be part of the 18-man field at the Hero World Challenge, which starts November 30 at Albany Golf Club. While sponsor exemptions are limited to the top 50 in the world, Woods is exempt as the tournament host.

“Albany is the perfect setting and it will be great to join this outstanding field,” he tweeted.

Woods has not worn a tournament since 2013 and the 41 years old has had four back operations in three years.

The latest procedure was a fusion surgery, the previous three were microdiscectomy surgeries and he reported instant relief.

He said, in September, at the Presidents Cup that he had no idea what his future held.

The Doctors gave him clearance to practice without limitations about a week later, and he had been posting video on Twitter of a full swing with an iron, a driver and then his signature stinger shot with the driver.

Woods in 2016, returned after 15 months recovering from two back surgeries and made 24 birdies, but finished 15th out of 18 players.